How to Add Facebook Pixel to Clickfunnels
Kudos! You clearly understand the importance of Clickfunnels integrations…and the Facebook Pixel is arguably the most important one of all. In this step-by-step guide, we’ll show you how to add Facebook Pixel to Clickfunnels. It only takes a few minutes to set up and once you are done, you can use it to track leads, track customers, and get more of the only thing that matters: SALES!
To add Facebook Pixel to ClickFunnels, you will need three things.
- Facebook Ad Account
- ClickFunnels Account
- ClickFunnels Page
Keep reading below, because we remove all guesswork to add Facebook pixel to Clickfunnels, test to see if the Pixel is working properly, and even add collaborators to your pixel.
Why Add the Facebook Pixel to Clickfunnels?
The process for adding Facebook pixels to ClickFunnels is relatively easy — but well worth the time.
Because pixels track conversions, when and where people are pushing actions, and data to build a recurring audience, it is very valuable.
It helps to track improvement as well.
No matter how experienced you are, there is always room to improve. Without a Facebook pixel or any other pixel in general, you will never know what is working and what is not. This lack of direction could be detrimental to the success of your funnel.
As you can see, adding Facebook pixels to ClickFunnels is pretty simple. Plus, as a free program, there really is nothing to lose.
Add Facebook Pixel to Clickfunnels
After creating a Facebook ad account, you will need to manually create or install premade pixels. This process described below works best on a desktop or on mobile.
Follow these steps:
- Log in to your Facebook ad account
- In the upper left corner, click the drop-down Event Manager
- Click on Pixels (under Data Resources)
- Select your desired pixel (and add parameters if you want)
- Click on Setup
- Click Manually Install Code Yourself
- Copy the code in its entirety
Incorporate Facebook Pixels with Your ClickFunnels Page
Now that you have your pixel copied and in hand, you need to manually add it to your desired funnel.
Follow these steps:
- Log in to your ClickFunnels account.
- If you have multiple pages, select the page you are working on.
- Navigate to the first tunnel step.
- Click on Edit page.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Click on Tracking code.
- Click on Header code.
- Paste your pixel into the header code.
- Click “Save and Update Settings”.
From “Navigate to the first funnel step” to “Paste your pixel into header code” needs to be repeated for every funnel step you have. After you are done with that, the only thing left is to test if you were successful in adding your pixel.
Test to See If Facebook Pixel is Functioning Properly
To test if you have set up the pixel correctly, you have two options.
Facebook Pixel Helper
install the free Facebook Pixel Helper Chrome browser extension. It will validate that a pixel is indeed on that step of your funnel, along with any troubleshooting recommendations.
- Install the software.
- Visit any of the pages you added a pixel to.
- Pop up from Facebook Pixel Helper will appear.
Using “Pixels” On Facebook
If you are unable to get the Facebook Pixel Helper extension, you can manually confirm if a pixel is present and functioning.
- Visit a page on your funnel and load it a few times.
- Go back to the Pixels section on your drop-down Event Manager.
- Click Pixels to be taken to the new data screen.
- On the top right, there will be a trend graph.
- On the upper right side of the graph will be a green dot telling you when the pixel was last active.
If that dot tells accurate information from when you visited the page, then the pixel is working as intended. If there is no dot, that means that there is no active pixel and that something has gone wrong.
Adding Collaborators to Your Pixel
Pixels offer great insight on funnel traffic and statistics that you may want to share with colleagues and/or collaborators. In regards to sharing them with others, there are only two things that you need.
For starters, the pixel must be owned by a business account. If the pixel was created on an ad account that has not been claimed by a business, it needs to be done beforehand. This is a simple guide to help you out. If you have created the pixel through the Event Manager drop-down as instructed, it may already be claimed.
Then, collaborators need to have a Facebook ad account as well.
After you meet these two requirements, the process is straightforward.
- Go to Business Settings.
- Click Pixels.
- Select the pixel that you want.
- Click Add People.
- If you want to assign individual tasks, you can do that here as well.